I always try to have the fixins for this warm & spicy Mexican-inspired dip in case people drop by. Talk about easy! All you have to do is open two jars, pour the contents into a medium bowl, add a few spices, mix it all together – then warm it in the microwave until bubbly.
++ As with any recipe of this type, feel free to add more of the spices depending upon your personal preference. A friend of mine threw this together for me recently a few minutes before a party. She didn’t bother to measure the ingredients and it was delicious!
- One (15.5 oz) jar chunky salsa (I like “medium” heat…) ++ For a thicker dip, add 1/2 jar of chunky salsa instead of the whole jar. Actually, that’s what I’ve been doing lately!
- One (15.5 oz) jar salsa con queso (Again, I like “medium” heat)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- + new addition + 1/4 tsp. dried cilantro (I use McCormick’s)
- 1/4 tsp. Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle
- ++ If you don’t have any Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle, add a bit of cayenne pepper.)
- ++ To ‘Kick This up a Notch” – – fry up about 1/4 cup chopped onion in butter and add !!
- a bag of tortilla chips
I don’t know of many things that are this easy to make, yet taste so good. Enjoy !