Quick, Easy and Good!!
If you’ve been following My Yellow Farmhouse for a while, you know I call these types of recipes Quick, Easy and Good. And you may also know – at times when the ‘cupboard is bare’ – I make up with a recipe using whatever I happen to have in the house.
And – this is one of those recipes!! Looking through my ‘almost empty fridge’ I scored some ham, a red pepper and a hunk of Parmesan cheese – plus a bag of refrigerated KANA brand Spinach & Ricotta-Filled Ravioli. With the addition of butter and onion, I had the makings of a quick, delicious meal.
(I like KANA refrigerated pastas. Buitoni is good as well.)
So, see what you have on hand. Only have a green pepper… or a bit of leftover green or orange peppers, sliced those up and throw them in. Like a lot of onion? Slice up a bunch. Want a bit more butter… add it in. Make this recipe your own. I’m just giving you a place to start. PS I highly recommend preparing this with ham because it adds quite a bit of flavor to the dish. ; o )
Recipe feeds two, but is easily doubled!
- One (10 oz.) package Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli, cooked according to package directions ++ RANA cooks in 4 – 5 minutes!!
- 2 Tb. – 3 Tb. butter
- sliced red pepper.. about half a pepper
- sliced onion..about half a large onion
- 1 cup ham, cut into short, rather thin slices ++ If you are going to use deli ham, have it sliced thicker than for sandwiches.
- about a 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese ++ Invest in a cheese grater. Freshly grated Parmesan tastes so much better!
While you’re waiting for the ravioli water to boil, slice the red pepper, onion and ham.
Place 2 Tb. – 3 Tb. butter in a large non-stick skillet. ++ TIP Add veggies once pan starts to get hot. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until veggies are softened. Add ham, and cook just until heated through. Remove skillet from heat.
Drain cooked ravioli and add to skillet. Sprinkle on 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Stir to mix ingredients – and you’ve got dinner. Enjoy!