I just returned from spending two weeks at our home in the Pocono Mountains where we don’t have an internet or TV connection, which actually makes it very relaxing. I also spent a few days outside of Philadelphia with one of my sons and his family & they ‘gifted me’ by bringing me to see The Lion King – what a colorful, lively and just plain fabulous play it is!!
While at the Pocono house I did some spring projects, such as giving the deck a BIG SCRUB with some pretty powerful cleaning products. When the directions tell you not to get any of it on your skin etc., you know it’s strong. But it works!! (DO NOT invite me to your home to scrub your deck, thank you! LOL!)
I didn’t have time to scrub the deck last spring… and look how bad it got in just 1 year!
Pea Salad – Ingredients and Method
I LOVE Pea Salad!! This version is guaranteed to turn Pea Haters in Pea Lovers – even people who aren’t overly fond of peas end up going back for seconds and even thirds.
- 1 (14.4 oz.) package of frozen peas ++ Allow to thaw and drain in a colander. No need to cook! ++ 2015 – New version. Microwave peas with 1/4 cup water for a minute – stir. Microwave another minute – stir, then microwave for about 30 more seconds and drain in a colander. (Shaking the colander helps to remove all the water. You don’t want a watery salad!)
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 6 oz. Cheddar (or American) cheese, cut into small cubes ++ ALTERNATIVE – substitute 1 cup purchased shredded Cheddar cheese … or … shred the cheese yourself for the BEST flavor!
- 2 – 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pimentos
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl – it’s as easy as that! Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours – or overnight. How’s that for quick and easy? Enjoy!
Here’s my friend Joanne’s presentation of ‘Pea Salad’ – great job my friend!!