++ Update ‘Warm Crab and Artichoke Dip’ is, by far, my favorite version of this recipe. We served it at the Cookie Swap today with some of the hostess’ fresh homemade Italian bread. (I had brought along crackers, but loved it with the crusty bread!)
Someone gave me the basic recipe for this appetizer years and years ago but I’m constantly changing it. This particular recipe is simply its ‘latest incarnation’ – and it might just be my absolute favorite!
It’s so easy to make – you mix everything in the same casserole you’re going to bake it in. If you chose, you can make this dip with just artichokes – or with crab or shrimp.
I’m going to a Cookie Swap tomorrow & haven’t baked a single cookie yet… However, my Creamy and Rich Warm Crab and Artichoke Dip is prepared – and I’m having a hard time not diving into it with a bunch of crackers.
This is the bottom of the casserole I used, – isn’t it cute !
Ingredients & Method Bake at 350F for 25 – 30 minutes, until bubbly
- 1 small jar (6 oz.) artichokes – DRAINED and chopped
- 1 cup fresh crab, chopped, in necessary (You can use canned crab or shrimp. However, I highly recommend buying fresh. I found canned FRESH crab at my local grocery store, in the seafood area. Of course, because it’s fresh – even though it’s in a can – it still has a ‘best eaten by’ date..)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tb. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. fresh minced parsley – plus a little to sprinkle on top (Buy a bunch, chop it up & freeze it!!)
- paprika – to sprinkle on top
Talk about simple… just mix all the ingredients – except the paprika – in a casserole. (I used a 8 1/2″ x 10 1/2″.) Then sprinkle on a bit more parsley and some paprika for color. ++Remember to wipe the sides of the casserole before putting it in the oven so your Creamy and Rich Warm Crab and Artichoke Dip ‘looks it’s best’.
Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 20 – 30 minutes, until thoroughly heated. Serve with an assortment of crackers and crusty bread. Enjoy !!